KAIMAI™ Rifle Suppressors have been designed in consultation with gunsmiths and firearms experts from NZ, Europe and the USA. We have used advances in design manufacturing from related industries, to produce a range of new rifle suppressors that are not only relatively light weight, but durable and very effective at doing their main task – to reduce gunshot sound signature. Having learned from others mistakes, our intention was to overcome some of the design flaws or shortcomings of common lightweight suppressor designs.
Materials and Workmanship Warranty – 2 years. Terms of Fair Trading Act (1986) apply. Terms of Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) apply.
Warranty does not cover: Normal wear & tear, Damage from using goods for a purpose for which they were not designed, Damage from neglect or careless storage, Damage from having unauthorised repairs carried out.
Kaimai® Suppressors/Silencers should only be fitted to your rifle by suitably qualified, or trained gunsmiths. Kaimai® accepts no liability or warranty for any work (or damage resulting) from unauthorised third parties.
Most centerfire suppressors are custom-assembled to meet your calibre/thread/length requirements. Some common thread/calibre requests may be in stock and available immediately or within a few days after receipt of payment. In some instances there may be a lead-time of 1-2 weeks if we are currently out of stock of some components. Some orders may take longer if it is a less-popular thread size.
For online orders our flat rate shipping fee is $10.00 nationwide. This applies whether you want only one item or several items combined on the same order. All Kaimai® suppressors are supplied in custom-designed cardboard boxes, and if any other accessory items are ordered at the same time (such as rear bushing holder/jig, spare rear bushings, thread caps or suppressor covers) we will pack these securely in the same box if possible.
Frequently asked questions
- What do sound suppressors do?
- There are four noises which make up the “boom” one hears when shooting a firearm. The first is the action noise (i.e.: the hammer hitting the firing pin, the slide/bolt cycling, gas escaping though the ejection port). The second is the bullet flight noise. If the projectile travels faster than t... Read Full Answer
- What are sound suppressors used for?
- Silencers are “hearing protection” that attaches to your firearm, not unlike a muffler on an automobile.
OSH limits impulsive or impact noise at 140dB peak sound pressure. “Hearing Safe” in the Firearms Industry refers to a gunshot that produces less than 140dB peak pressure... Read Full Answer
- Who would want to use a sound suppressor and why?
- A silenced firearm is eminently more enjoyable to shoot than one without a silencer. Silencers generally increase the accuracy of a host firearm while reducing recoil and eliminating a significant amount of the muzzle signature. Shooters are able to concentrate more on breath control and trigger pul... Read Full Answer
NZ$510 includes GST (flat rate shipping cost is additional)
The XLR model ( 12″ ) features the same 6” muzzle-forward section as the ‘Blackout’ model, combined with the 6 ¼” rear section of the ‘Hunter’ model to produce the largest suppressor that we currently manufacture. At just over 12” total length, the XLR model has proven in tests to almost match the performance of similar sized steel or stainless-steel suppressors – units which can weigh up to (or over) 50% more! All other competitors aluminium suppressors tested did not even come close to matching this performance. The Kaimai® XLR model is a strong and durable unit which is ideally suited to rifle applications where minimising the over-all length is not critical, and the shooter just wants the best level of sound suppression possible in a reasonably light weight overall package At approximately 490 grams it is still considered to be a ‘lightweight’ suppressor for its’ size. Due to the highly efficient design, the XLR is not recommended for semi-auto or magnum-calibre rifles.
*Note: We are now using a smaller diameter isolator tube where possible on standard sporter barrels that are under 0.750″ diameter (19mm) at the rear bushing location. This has reduced the unit weight by 15-20 grams, increased the expansion chamber volume by 18%, and increased the suppression performance by a further 5%.
- 12 1/4” (311mm) long, Weight: 480 – 500 grams, Diameter: Ø1¾ “ (44mm)
- 6” (152mm) muzzle forward, 6 1/4” (159mm) back over barrel.
- Calibres: .223 Rem up to .30/06 or .338 Federal. (non-magnum centre-fire), threaded barrel isolator sleeve as standard, removable rear Delrin™ bushing .
- 6 calibre size options: (.224cal, 6mm cal, 6.5mm cal, 7mm cal, .30cal, & .338cal max.)
- Thread options: ½ – 20, ½-28, M14x1.0mm, 9/16-24, M15x1.0mm, 5/8-24, M17x1.0mm, M18x1.0mm
- Stainless steel muzzle brake/diffuser absorbs the brunt of propellant gas blast as it exits the muzzle, redirecting 70% – 85% of the gas flow into the primary expansion chamber that telescopes back over the barrel.
- Longer service life than aluminium-only suppressors due to Hybrid™ construction.
- Self-tightening design (Unit will not shoot loose, gas-torque feature keeps it slightly snug).
- 7000-series aluminium alloy mid-baffles (hard-coat anodised) feature proprietary design stainless steel blast cone inserts for improved durability and gas flow redirection.
- XLR model features 8 stages of gas attenuation, to provide outstanding sound suppression of full power loads in a reasonably compact and lightweight package. ( Approx. 28-32% better performance compared with the carbine model when tested with full power 7mm-08 Rem ammo. )
- High quality fit and finish – Excellent concentricity of threads and bore alignment.
- Improved pressure vessel design – (O.D. threaded outer tuber and I.D. threaded inner tube. As internal pressure increases the joins actually tighten. Exhaustive testing including with Magnum Calibres without Loctite on joins, showed no leaking. Unlike some competitors products that can tube-swell and leak at the press-fit/glued ends, the only reason that Kaimai®-Hybrid™ Suppressors are Loctited on the end-caps is to prevent un-authorised disassembly.)
- Improved rear bushing design – snug fitting threads, locate reliably on a slightly tapered alignment collar, for very repeatable repositioning every time the bushing is installed. (This is ideal especially where one suppressor is used on multiple rifles, with a separate rear bushing for each.)
- No typical aluminium tinny/ping sound if brushed against scrub (no cover required). All Kaimai® centre-fire suppressors feature vibration-deadening High-Temp co-polymer inserts in the baffle stack to deaden barrel vibrations and enhance accuracy – this has been confirmed in our own testing.
- A black neoprene cover/sleeve is included with all new Kaimai® centerfire suppressors at no extra cost. Additional sleeves are available for purchase if the sleeve becomes worn or damaged (see accessories section).
No Export Sales – all sales are for domestic NZ only.
Ask a Question
If you have a question regarding this product, please enter your details below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Your request is being processed, please wait...
1 X item added to your order
XLR Suppressor $510
Calibre Size: | Thread Size:
Your request is being processed, please wait...
We will be in touch shortly.