KAIMAI™ Rifle Suppressors have been designed in consultation with gunsmiths and firearms experts from NZ, Europe and the USA. We have used advances in design manufacturing from related industries, to produce a range of new rifle suppressors that are not only relatively light weight, but durable and very effective at doing their main task – to reduce gunshot sound signature. Having learned from others mistakes, our intention was to overcome some of the design flaws or shortcomings of common lightweight suppressor designs.
Materials and Workmanship Warranty – 2 years. Terms of Fair Trading Act (1986) apply. Terms of Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) apply.
Warranty does not cover: Normal wear & tear, Damage from using goods for a purpose for which they were not designed, Damage from neglect or careless storage, Damage from having unauthorised repairs carried out.
Kaimai® Suppressors/Silencers should only be fitted to your rifle by suitably qualified, or trained gunsmiths. Kaimai® accepts no liability or warranty for any work (or damage resulting) from unauthorised third parties.
Most centerfire suppressors are custom-assembled to meet your calibre/thread/length requirements. Some common thread/calibre requests may be in stock and available immediately or within a few days after receipt of payment. In some instances there may be a lead-time of 1-2 weeks if we are currently out of stock of some components. Some orders may take longer if it is a less-popular thread size.
For online orders our flat rate shipping fee is $10.00 nationwide. This applies whether you want only one item or several items combined on the same order. All Kaimai® suppressors are supplied in custom-designed cardboard boxes, and if any other accessory items are ordered at the same time (such as rear bushing holder/jig, spare rear bushings, thread caps or suppressor covers) we will pack these securely in the same box if possible.
Frequently asked questions
- What do sound suppressors do?
- There are four noises which make up the “boom” one hears when shooting a firearm. The first is the action noise (i.e.: the hammer hitting the firing pin, the slide/bolt cycling, gas escaping though the ejection port). The second is the bullet flight noise. If the projectile travels faster than t... Read Full Answer
- What are sound suppressors used for?
- Silencers are “hearing protection” that attaches to your firearm, not unlike a muffler on an automobile.
OSH limits impulsive or impact noise at 140dB peak sound pressure. “Hearing Safe” in the Firearms Industry refers to a gunshot that produces less than 140dB peak pressure... Read Full Answer
- Who would want to use a sound suppressor and why?
- A silenced firearm is eminently more enjoyable to shoot than one without a silencer. Silencers generally increase the accuracy of a host firearm while reducing recoil and eliminating a significant amount of the muzzle signature. Shooters are able to concentrate more on breath control and trigger pul... Read Full Answer
NZ$92 includes GST (flat rate shipping cost is additional)
*** Sorry this model is currently out of stock***
Designed to reduce the gunshot noise of .22LR rimfire rifles, and safe to use with both subsonic and HV ammunition. The Timberline™ model is made from high quality 6000 series aluminium, and all solid parts are precisely CNC machined from barstock. A simpler design makes this suppressor less expensive for us to produce. For .22LR use the aluminium-only construction is perfectly adequate for purpose to produce a compact, strong and durable suppressor. All parts are finished to a high standard and are black anodised for protection, and to compliment the highest quality .22LR rifles, at a more economical price than our Monocore rimfire suppressor. The Timberline™ can be dismantled for cleaning by the shooter – an extremely important feature.
No springs or loose baffles or spacers to worry about, and no problems with reassembly or baffle misalignment – anyone who is reasonably competent mechanically can clean and service this suppressor themselves. Why waste your money on a low-quality or permanently-sealed rimfire suppressor? To maintain optimum performance, most rimfire suppressors should be cleaned every 300-500 rounds (or as required) – especially if using a lot of cheaper brands of .22LR subsonic ammo – to remove any excessive powder/lead fouling build-up.
Note: As with any suppressor, this unit will not fully silence High-Velocity (supersonic) ammunition. No suppressor in existence can remove the super-sonic crack of a bullet breaking the sound barrier. True silenced performance is only achieved with subsonic .22LR ammunition.
- 5.35“ long (136mm), 129 grams, Ø1 ¼” (Ø 31.5mm)
- Calibres: .22LR
- Thread options: ½ – 20 only. (Other thread sizes may be available on special order – or see our Monocore rimfire suppressor for greater in-stock thread options.)
- Very concentric and close/tight spec threads to better suit factory threaded barrels (which often feature a very deeply cut male thread section – this may cause some suppressors to be a very sloppy fit when not tight on the thread shoulder. For best results it may be necessary in some cases to have your barrel custom-threaded by a gunsmith to match the suppressor thread precisely. )
- Removable baffle-stack system, with o-ring buffers, generates excellent turbulence/suppression effect. Precision-machined from solid 6082-T6 aircraft/weapons grade aluminium.
- Black anodised. Unique design is the result of extensive testing, and tests show significantly better performance than some competitors much longer and heavier rimfire suppressors.
- Replacement baffles are available for purchase in the event of damage, or any excessive wear developing due to very high volume (or commercial) use.
- Supplied with 6”long Ø8mm Delrin™ rod (baffle removal tool) at no extra charge. (See accessories section if you wish to purchase extra replacements in the event that they may be lost or damaged).
- Designed and made in New Zealand. ( not China !! )
No Export Sales – all sales are for domestic NZ only.
Ask a Question
If you have a question regarding this product, please enter your details below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Your request is being processed, please wait...
1 X item added to your order
Calibre Size: | Thread Size:
Your request is being processed, please wait...
We will be in touch shortly.