KAIMAI™ Rifle Suppressors have been designed in consultation with gunsmiths and firearms experts from NZ, Europe and the USA. We have used advances in design manufacturing from related industries, to produce a range of new rifle suppressors that are not only relatively light weight, but durable and very effective at doing their main task – to reduce gunshot sound signature. Having learned from others mistakes, our intention was to overcome some of the design flaws or shortcomings of common lightweight suppressor designs.
Materials and Workmanship Warranty – 2 years. Terms of Fair Trading Act (1986) apply. Terms of Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) apply.
Warranty does not cover: Normal wear & tear, Damage from using goods for a purpose for which they were not designed, Damage from neglect or careless storage, Damage from having unauthorised repairs carried out.
Kaimai® Suppressors/Silencers should only be fitted to your rifle by suitably qualified, or trained gunsmiths. Kaimai® accepts no liability or warranty for any work (or damage resulting) from unauthorised third parties.
Most centerfire suppressors are custom-assembled to meet your calibre/thread/length requirements. Some common thread/calibre requests may be in stock and available immediately or within a few days after receipt of payment. In some instances there may be a lead-time of 1-2 weeks if we are currently out of stock of some components. Some orders may take longer if it is a less-popular thread size.
For online orders our flat rate shipping fee is $10.00 nationwide. This applies whether you want only one item or several items combined on the same order. All Kaimai® suppressors are supplied in custom-designed cardboard boxes, and if any other accessory items are ordered at the same time (such as rear bushing holder/jig, spare rear bushings, thread caps or suppressor covers) we will pack these securely in the same box if possible.
Frequently asked questions
- What do sound suppressors do?
- There are four noises which make up the “boom” one hears when shooting a firearm. The first is the action noise (i.e.: the hammer hitting the firing pin, the slide/bolt cycling, gas escaping though the ejection port). The second is the bullet flight noise. If the projectile travels faster than t... Read Full Answer
- What are sound suppressors used for?
- Silencers are “hearing protection” that attaches to your firearm, not unlike a muffler on an automobile.
OSH limits impulsive or impact noise at 140dB peak sound pressure. “Hearing Safe” in the Firearms Industry refers to a gunshot that produces less than 140dB peak pressure... Read Full Answer
- Who would want to use a sound suppressor and why?
- A silenced firearm is eminently more enjoyable to shoot than one without a silencer. Silencers generally increase the accuracy of a host firearm while reducing recoil and eliminating a significant amount of the muzzle signature. Shooters are able to concentrate more on breath control and trigger pul... Read Full Answer
Ti-TEN WSM Suppressor
NZ$610 includes GST (flat rate shipping cost is additional)
CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
The Ti-TEN WSM model is our magnum-rated suppressor, and like the ‘Ti-TEN AR’ model it features a titanium outer tube, (Tennalum) ultra-high strength aluminium component bodies, and stainless steel inserts and thread section in the critical high-temp blast zones. The titanium tube gives the additional strength and safety margin required for cartridges up to 7mm Rem Mag and .300 Win Mag, on barrels that are 21″ or longer. (not suitable for Ultra-Mags or Lapua Mag sized cartridges.) It can be used on non-magnum cartridges as well, and with 5” muzzle-forward section and 6 3/8″ back over the barrel, the suppression performance is between the ‘Hunter’ and ‘XLR’ models. Designed to provide a good light-medium weight magnum-rated suppressor option for most of the common WSM and standard magnums that may be used for deer-hunting in New Zealand. It will match or exceed the performance of any other similarly-sized aluminium-alloy suppressor on the market. The Kaimai® ‘Ti-TEN WSM’ model is a strong and durable unit which gives an excellent level of sound suppression for its’ size and weight, without having to go to a heavy 700-800 grams stainless magnum-rated unit, or resorting to an ultra-light aluminium-only unit which may be worn or destroyed in as little as 300 rounds.
The accuracy enhancing features of the Kaimai® Hybrid series suppressors should not be overlooked either. Maintenance free, and warranted to be free of manufacturing defects or faults in assembly.
(For warranty/liability reasons this model is available as a fitted unit only from D.F. Maisey Gunsmithing, to ensure that they are not fitted to ultra-short barrels or over-size magnums, beyond what they are designed for. )
*Note: We are now using a smaller diameter isolator tube where possible on standard sporter barrels that are under 0.750″ diameter (19mm) at the rear bushing location. This has reduced the unit weight by 15-20 grams, increased the expansion chamber volume by 18%, and increased the suppression performance by a further 5%.
- 11 5/8” (295mm) long, Weight: 520 – 545 grams, Diameter: Ø1¾ “ (44mm)
- 5” (127mm) muzzle forward, 6 3/8” (161mm) back over barrel.
- Calibres: .270WSM, 7mmWSM, .300WSM, 7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag, etc. Can also be used with smaller non-magnum cartridges. Threaded barrel isolator sleeve as standard, and removable rear Delrin™ bushing .
- 2 calibre size options: (7mm cal, .30cal. max.)
- Thread options: ½ – 20, ½-28, M14x1.0mm, 9/16-24, M15x1.0mm, 5/8-24, M17x1.0mm, M18x1.0mm
- Can be fitted to barrels up to a maximum of Ø22mm diameter (Ø0.867”) at the rear bushing location (approx. 162mm back from muzzle face on this model).
- Stainless steel muzzle brake/diffuser absorbs the brunt of propellant gas blast as it exits the muzzle, redirecting 70% – 85% of the gas flow into the primary expansion chamber that telescopes back over the barrel.
- Longer service life than aluminium-only suppressors due to Hybrid™ construction.
- Self-tightening design (Unit will not shoot loose, gas-torque feature keeps it slightly snug).
- 7000 series aluminium alloy mid-baffles (hard-coat anodised) feature proprietary design stainless steel blast cone inserts for improved durability and gas flow redirection.
- Ti-TEN WSM model features 6 stages of gas attenuation and double containment baffles, to provide good sound suppression of full power loads in a compact and reasonably lightweight package. This provides a good option for shooters who may not want to fit a muzzle brake to their standard magnum calibre rifle.
- High quality fit and finish – Excellent concentricity of threads and bore alignment.
- Improved pressure vessel design – (O.D. threaded outer tuber and I.D. threaded inner tube. As internal pressure increases the joins actually tighten. Exhaustive testing including with Magnum Calibres without Loctite on joins, showed no leaking. Unlike some competitors products that can tube-swell and leak at the press-fit/glued ends, the only reason that Kaimai®™-Hybrid™ Suppressors are Loctited on the end-caps is to prevent un-authorised disassembly.)
- Improved rear bushing design – snug fitting threads, locate reliably on a slightly tapered alignment collar, for very repeatable repositioning every time the bushing is installed. (This is ideal especially where one suppressor is used on multiple rifles, with a separate rear bushing for each.)
- A black neoprene cover/sleeve is included with all new Kaimai® centerfire suppressors at no extra cost. Additional sleeves are available for purchase if the sleeve becomes worn or damaged (see accessories section). Camo wrap cloth may also be applied over the suppressor if required.
- High-Temp co-polymer inserts in the baffle stack pre-tension the system and deaden vibrations from firing and shock loading effect of the gases impacting the attenuation surfaces.
- Tela-Temp stickers for indicating external temperature of the suppressor are available if required. Maximum recommended operating temperature for this suppressor is 160 C in the middle/core section, and 100 C at the rear end near the Delrin (plastic) barrel bushing. On a bolt action rifle the suppressor will quite happily operate between 40-70 C for as long as you want to keep shooting.
No Export Sales – all sales are for domestic NZ only.
Ask a Question
If you have a question regarding this product, please enter your details below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Your request is being processed, please wait...
1 X item added to your order
Ti-TEN WSM Suppressor $610
Calibre Size: | Thread Size:
Your request is being processed, please wait...
We will be in touch shortly.