KAIMAI™ Rifle Suppressors have been designed in consultation with gunsmiths and firearms experts from NZ, Europe and the USA. We have used advances in design manufacturing from related industries, to produce a range of new rifle suppressors that are not only relatively light weight, but durable and very effective at doing their main task – to reduce gunshot sound signature. Having learned from others mistakes, our intention was to overcome some of the design flaws or shortcomings of common lightweight suppressor designs.
Materials and Workmanship Warranty – 2 years. Terms of Fair Trading Act (1986) apply. Terms of Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) apply.
Warranty does not cover: Normal wear & tear, Damage from using goods for a purpose for which they were not designed, Damage from neglect or careless storage, Damage from having unauthorised repairs carried out.
Kaimai® Suppressors/Silencers should only be fitted to your rifle by suitably qualified, or trained gunsmiths. Kaimai® accepts no liability or warranty for any work (or damage resulting) from unauthorised third parties.
Most centerfire suppressors are custom-assembled to meet your calibre/thread/length requirements. Some common thread/calibre requests may be in stock and available immediately or within a few days after receipt of payment. In some instances there may be a lead-time of 1-2 weeks if we are currently out of stock of some components. Some orders may take longer if it is a less-popular thread size.
For online orders our flat rate shipping fee is $10.00 nationwide. This applies whether you want only one item or several items combined on the same order. All Kaimai® suppressors are supplied in custom-designed cardboard boxes, and if any other accessory items are ordered at the same time (such as rear bushing holder/jig, spare rear bushings, thread caps or suppressor covers) we will pack these securely in the same box if possible.
Frequently asked questions
- What do sound suppressors do?
- There are four noises which make up the “boom” one hears when shooting a firearm. The first is the action noise (i.e.: the hammer hitting the firing pin, the slide/bolt cycling, gas escaping though the ejection port). The second is the bullet flight noise. If the projectile travels faster than t... Read Full Answer
- What are sound suppressors used for?
- Silencers are “hearing protection” that attaches to your firearm, not unlike a muffler on an automobile.
OSH limits impulsive or impact noise at 140dB peak sound pressure. “Hearing Safe” in the Firearms Industry refers to a gunshot that produces less than 140dB peak pressure... Read Full Answer
- Who would want to use a sound suppressor and why?
- A silenced firearm is eminently more enjoyable to shoot than one without a silencer. Silencers generally increase the accuracy of a host firearm while reducing recoil and eliminating a significant amount of the muzzle signature. Shooters are able to concentrate more on breath control and trigger pul... Read Full Answer
NZ$395 includes GST (flat rate shipping cost is additional)
Intended mainly for heavier-barrelled rifles, and able to accommodate larger thread sizes than what are possible with our over-barrel suppressors, the ‘Target’ model is a muzzle-can/muzzle-forward style of suppressor, ideally suited to varmint shooting or target rifle applications where it may be necessary or advantageous to keep the heat accumulated in the suppressor off the end of the barrel, rather than over it. This model features a stainless steel muzzlebrake/diffuser that incorporates a self-tightening design which harnesses the flow of propellant gas from the muzzle to keep the suppressor attached securely and firmly to the threaded rifle barrel at all times. We have tried to keep the length to under 7” (178mm) and the weight to a minimum, while maintaining excellent strength, integrity, and sound suppression. These work really well with .223rem, .300 BLK, .22-250Rem, .22 Hornet, etc.
New: We can now produce this model in a ‘small thread option’ configuration, which is slightly lighter. Current end caps all feature a slightly rounded edge design, and a neoprene cover sleeve is supplied free with the unit.
Note: Due to the single point thread mount design and added outboard length, extra care must be taken when handling rifles fitted with these ‘muzzle-can’ type suppressors to avoid damage to the rifle or suppressor itself.
- 7“ long, Ø 1 ¾ “ (44mm).
- Weight (approximate): small thread option 370 grams. Large thread option 385 grams.
- Calibres: .22 hornet to .308 Win. (non-magnum centerfire)
- 5 calibre sizes. (.224cal, 6mm cal, 6.5mm cal, 7mm cal, .30cal )
- Small Thread Options: ½”- 20, ½-28, M14x1.0mm, 9/16-24, M15x1.0mm, 5/8-24.
- Large Thread Options: M18x1.0mm, ¾-28, M20x1.0mm, 7/8”-28.
- Stainless steel muzzle brake absorbs the brunt of gas blast as it exits the muzzle, redirecting 70% – 80% of the gas flow into the primary expansion chamber. Self-tightening port design – extremely important feature for muzzle-can units.
- 7000 series aluminium alloy mid-baffles (hard-coat anodised) feature proprietary design stainless steel blast cone inserts for improved durability and gas flow redirection.
- Target (muzzle-can) model features 8 stages of gas attenuation, to provide better internal turbulence and suppression. Mainly intended for small to medium volume cases for target or varmint shooting.
- High quality fit and finish. Excellent concentricity of threads, etc.
- Improved pressure vessel design – (O.D. threaded outer tube. As internal pressure increases the joins tighten. Exhaustive testing without any Loctite on joins, showed no leaking. Unlike some competitors products that can tube-swell and leak at the press-fit/glued ends, the only reason that Kaimai®-Hybrid™ Suppressors are Loctited on the end-caps is to prevent un-authorised disassembly.)
- Design of this model permits the use of larger thread sizes, from ½ – 20 to 7/8 – 28, while still keeping weight down to a practical level without compromising safety.
- Full length of suppressor is forward of muzzle, keeping heat reservoir off the barrel, allowing barrel and suppressor to cool quicker.
- Single point mount (threaded). Ideal for very heavy barrel profiles, or sporting rifles which are fitted with open sights (which can’t accommodate over-barrel models to be fitted).
- A black neoprene cover/sleeve is included with all new Kaimai® centerfire suppressors at no extra cost. Additional sleeves are available for purchase if the sleeve becomes worn or damaged (see accessories section).
- High-temp co-polymer inserts in the baffle stack deaden the barrel vibrations from firing, as well as absorbing the shock loading of the gasses impacting on the attenuation surfaces. These baffle inserts enhance accuracy – proven in our own testing.
No Export Sales – all sales are for domestic NZ only.
Ask a Question
If you have a question regarding this product, please enter your details below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Your request is being processed, please wait...
1 X item added to your order
Target Suppressor $395
Calibre Size: | Thread Size:
Your request is being processed, please wait...
We will be in touch shortly.