KAIMAI™ Rifle Suppressors have been designed in consultation with gunsmiths and firearms experts from NZ, Europe and the USA. We have used advances in design manufacturing from related industries, to produce a range of new rifle suppressors that are not only relatively light weight, but durable and very effective at doing their main task – to reduce gunshot sound signature. Having learned from others mistakes, our intention was to overcome some of the design flaws or shortcomings of common lightweight suppressor designs.
Materials and Workmanship Warranty – 2 years. Terms of Fair Trading Act (1986) apply. Terms of Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) apply.
Warranty does not cover: Normal wear & tear, Damage from using goods for a purpose for which they were not designed, Damage from neglect or careless storage, Damage from having unauthorised repairs carried out.
Kaimai® Suppressors/Silencers should only be fitted to your rifle by suitably qualified, or trained gunsmiths. Kaimai® accepts no liability or warranty for any work (or damage resulting) from unauthorised third parties.
Most centerfire suppressors are custom-assembled to meet your calibre/thread/length requirements. Some common thread/calibre requests may be in stock and available immediately or within a few days after receipt of payment. In some instances there may be a lead-time of 1-2 weeks if we are currently out of stock of some components. Some orders may take longer if it is a less-popular thread size.
For online orders our flat rate shipping fee is $10.00 nationwide. This applies whether you want only one item or several items combined on the same order. All Kaimai® suppressors are supplied in custom-designed cardboard boxes, and if any other accessory items are ordered at the same time (such as rear bushing holder/jig, spare rear bushings, thread caps or suppressor covers) we will pack these securely in the same box if possible.
Frequently asked questions
- What do sound suppressors do?
- There are four noises which make up the “boom” one hears when shooting a firearm. The first is the action noise (i.e.: the hammer hitting the firing pin, the slide/bolt cycling, gas escaping though the ejection port). The second is the bullet flight noise. If the projectile travels faster than t... Read Full Answer
- What are sound suppressors used for?
- Silencers are “hearing protection” that attaches to your firearm, not unlike a muffler on an automobile.
OSH limits impulsive or impact noise at 140dB peak sound pressure. “Hearing Safe” in the Firearms Industry refers to a gunshot that produces less than 140dB peak pressure... Read Full Answer
- Who would want to use a sound suppressor and why?
- A silenced firearm is eminently more enjoyable to shoot than one without a silencer. Silencers generally increase the accuracy of a host firearm while reducing recoil and eliminating a significant amount of the muzzle signature. Shooters are able to concentrate more on breath control and trigger pul... Read Full Answer
NZ$495 includes GST (flat rate shipping cost is additional)
(Formerly ‘Subsonic/Stealth’ model.) The ‘Blackout’ model features an extra 3 internal baffles in the front (muzzle forward) section of the suppressor for an extra 2” (51mm) of added length, while maintaining the short 4 3/8” (111mm) rearward section. Specifically designed for improved performance with high-velocity or subsonic loads on very short barrels, chambered for cartridges like .300 Whisper (.300 AAC Blackout), .30BR, .308win, .338 Federal, etc. but it can also be used on any rifle where the ‘Compact’ or ‘Hunter’ model may also be considered. The Kaimai® ‘Blackout’ model is a strong and durable unit which gives an excellent level of sound suppression for its’ relatively small size and weight.
*Note: We are now using a smaller diameter isolator tube where possible on standard sporter barrels that are under 0.750″ diameter (19mm) at the rear bushing location. This has reduced the unit weight by 15-20 grams, increased the expansion chamber volume by 18%, and increased the suppression performance by a further 5%.
- 10 3/8” (263mm) long, Weight: 410 – 435 grams, Diameter: Ø1¾ “ (44mm)
- 6” (152mm) muzzle forward, 4 3/8” (111mm) back over barrel.
- Calibres: .223 Rem up to .30/06 or .338 Federal. (non-magnum centre-fire), threaded barrel isolator sleeve as standard, removable rear Delrin™ bushing .
- 6 calibre size options: (.224cal, 6mm cal, 6.5mm cal, 7mm cal, .30cal, & .338cal max.)
- Thread options: ½ – 20, ½-28, M14x1.0mm, 9/16-24, M15x1.0mm, 5/8-24, M17x1.0mm, M18x1.0mm
- Can be fitted to barrels up to a maximum of Ø22mm diameter (Ø0.867”) at the rear bushing location (approx. 110mm back from muzzle face on this model).
- Stainless steel muzzle brake/diffuser absorbs the brunt of propellant gas blast as it exits the muzzle, redirecting 70% – 80% of the gas flow into the primary expansion chamber that telescopes back over the barrel.
- Longer service life than aluminium-only suppressors due to Hybrid™ construction.
- Self-tightening design (Unit will not shoot loose, gas-torque feature keeps it slightly snug).
- 7000-series aluminium alloy mid-baffles (hard-coat anodised) feature proprietary design stainless steel blast cone inserts for improved durability and gas flow redirection.
- Blackout model features 8 stages of gas attenuation, to provide good sound suppression of full power loads in a compact and lightweight package. (Approx. 18-20% better performance than carbine model with full-power 7mm-08Rem factory ammunition.)
- High quality fit and finish – Excellent concentricity of threads and bore alignment.
- Improved pressure vessel design – (O.D. threaded outer tuber and I.D. threaded inner tube. As internal pressure increases the joins actually tighten. Exhaustive testing including with Magnum Calibres without Loctite on joins, showed no leaking. Unlike some competitors products that can tube-swell and leak at the press-fit/glued ends, the only reason that Kaimai®-Hybrid™ Suppressors are sealed on the end-caps is to prevent un-authorised disassembly!)
- Improved rear bushing design – snug fitting threads, locate reliably on a slightly tapered alignment collar, for very repeatable repositioning every time the bushing is installed. (This is ideal especially where one suppressor is used on multiple rifles, with a separate rear bushing for each.)
- A black neoprene cover/sleeve is included with all new Kaimai® centerfire suppressors at no extra cost. Additional sleeves are available for purchase if the sleeve becomes worn or damaged (see accessories section).
- High-Temp co-polymer inserts in the baffle stack deaden barrel vibrations from firing, as well as absorbing the shock loading of the gases impacting on the attenuation surfaces. As well as making the suppressor very quiet handling for hunting or tactical purposes, the co-polymer inserts enhance accuracy of the rifle – confirmed in our own testing.
No Export Sales – all sales are for domestic NZ only.
Ask a Question
If you have a question regarding this product, please enter your details below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Your request is being processed, please wait...
1 X item added to your order
Blackout Suppressor $495
Calibre Size: | Thread Size:
Your request is being processed, please wait...
We will be in touch shortly.