KAIMAI™ Rifle Suppressors have been designed in consultation with gunsmiths and firearms experts from NZ, Europe and the USA. We have used advances in design manufacturing from related industries, to produce a range of new rifle suppressors that are not only relatively light weight, but durable and very effective at doing their main task – to reduce gunshot sound signature. Having learned from others mistakes, our intention was to overcome some of the design flaws or shortcomings of common lightweight suppressor designs.
Materials and Workmanship Warranty – 2 years. Terms of Fair Trading Act (1986) apply. Terms of Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) apply.
Warranty does not cover: Normal wear & tear, Damage from using goods for a purpose for which they were not designed, Damage from neglect or careless storage, Damage from having unauthorised repairs carried out.
Kaimai® Suppressors/Silencers should only be fitted to your rifle by suitably qualified, or trained gunsmiths. Kaimai® accepts no liability or warranty for any work (or damage resulting) from unauthorised third parties.
Most centerfire suppressors are custom-assembled to meet your calibre/thread/length requirements. Some common thread/calibre requests may be in stock and available immediately or within a few days after receipt of payment. In some instances there may be a lead-time of 1-2 weeks if we are currently out of stock of some components. Some orders may take longer if it is a less-popular thread size.
For online orders our flat rate shipping fee is $10.00 nationwide. This applies whether you want only one item or several items combined on the same order. All Kaimai® suppressors are supplied in custom-designed cardboard boxes, and if any other accessory items are ordered at the same time (such as rear bushing holder/jig, spare rear bushings, thread caps or suppressor covers) we will pack these securely in the same box if possible.
Frequently asked questions
- What do sound suppressors do?
- There are four noises which make up the “boom” one hears when shooting a firearm. The first is the action noise (i.e.: the hammer hitting the firing pin, the slide/bolt cycling, gas escaping though the ejection port). The second is the bullet flight noise. If the projectile travels faster than t... Read Full Answer
- What are sound suppressors used for?
- Silencers are “hearing protection” that attaches to your firearm, not unlike a muffler on an automobile.
OSH limits impulsive or impact noise at 140dB peak sound pressure. “Hearing Safe” in the Firearms Industry refers to a gunshot that produces less than 140dB peak pressure... Read Full Answer
- Who would want to use a sound suppressor and why?
- A silenced firearm is eminently more enjoyable to shoot than one without a silencer. Silencers generally increase the accuracy of a host firearm while reducing recoil and eliminating a significant amount of the muzzle signature. Shooters are able to concentrate more on breath control and trigger pul... Read Full Answer
NZ$180 includes GST (flat rate shipping cost is additional)
Online ordering update: From July 2020, recent firearms law changes which have now come into force state that mail-order sales of some firearm “parts” (such as suppressors) now require a Police Mail Order form (43a) to be completed by the purchaser, and be taken in to their local Arms Officer or Police station, where they will sight your license. We must receive a copy of the approval from your local Arms Officer (by email) before we can ship any “parts” or accessories directly to you by courier or tracked post. Alternatively we may be able to send it out C/- another licensed firearm dealer near you who is a member of the independent ‘Firearms Dealer Network’, and you can simply pickup from their shop. We acknowledge that this is an unfortunate and rather pointless inconvenience for both yourselves and us, but this is the reality of what happens when the political bobble-heads in Wellington try to ‘improve’ things. Otherwise we may have to shut down the online ordering platform on the website if it is no longer viable. ( Suppressor sales/fitting is still available directly form D.F. Maisey Gunsmithing in Tauranga.
The ultimate rimfire suppressor! Designed to reduce the gunshot noise of any small rimfire calibre rifle, from .22lr and .17Hm2, to .22 Magnum and .17HMR. Compact, strong and durable, yet can be easily dismantled for cleaning by the shooter – an extremely important feature. No springs or loose baffles or spacers to worry about, and no chance of any problems with reassembly or baffle misalignment. The 1-piece (mono-core) baffle unit can only be installed one way, so reassembly is fool-proof. Proprietary ‘SSS-B’ monocore design provides outstanding gas turbulence and cooling effect, and can be replaced as a separate part if wear or damage occurs.
Why waste your money on a permanently sealed rimfire suppressor? To maintain optimum performance, the rimfire suppressor should be cleaned every 300-500 rounds – especially if using a lot of .22LR subsonic ammo – to remove any excessive powder/lead fouling build-up.
Note: As with any suppressor, this unit will not fully silence High-Velocity (supersonic) ammunition. No suppressor in existence can remove the super-sonic crack of a bullet breaking the sound barrier. True silenced performance is only achieved with subsonic .22LR ammunition.
- 5.9“ long, 190 grams, Ø 1 3/8 “ (Ø 35mm)
- Calibres: .22LR, .22 Magnum, .17Hm2, .17 HMR
- Thread options: ½ – 20, ½-28, M14x1.0mm, 9/16-24, M15x1.0mm, 5/8-24, M17x1.0mm, M18x1.0mm, ¾-28, M20x1.0mm, 7/8-28
- Improved pressure-vessel design.
- Stainless steel threaded muzzlebrake/diffuser absorbs the brunt of the high-temp gas blast as it exits the muzzle. This gas is directed into the primary expansion chamber, initiating significant turbulence before the propellant gas reaches the main mono-core system.
- Self-tightening design (Unit will not shoot loose, gas-torque feature keeps it slightly snug) – extremely important feature for muzzle-can units.
- Removable mono-core baffle system, generates outstanding turbulence/suppression effect. (Proprietary design.) Precision-machined from solid 7075-T6 aircraft/weapons grade aluminium.
- Black hard-coat anodised. Unique design is the result of extensive testing, and tests show significantly better performance than some competitors much longer and heavier rimfire suppressors.
- Precision cut-knurled front end-cap for easy removal and re-assembly.
- Replacement mono-cores are available for purchase in the event of damage, or any excessive wear developing due to very high volume (or commercial) use.
- Supplied with 6”long Ø8mm Delrin™ rod (core removal tool), a brass-cored cleaning brush, and a textured rubber cover sleeve at no extra charge. (See accessories section if you wish to purchase extra replacements in the event that they may be lost or damaged).
No Export Sales – all sales are for domestic NZ only.
Ask a Question
If you have a question regarding this product, please enter your details below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Your request is being processed, please wait...
1 X item added to your order
.22 Monocore $180
Calibre Size: | Thread Size:
Your request is being processed, please wait...
We will be in touch shortly.